Good-Loop / Good-Loop aims to provide high quality services and products through continuous improvement of its standards and performance. The Company is committed to meeting the needs of all its clients and stakeholders.
This policy provides a framework for decisions and actions which assure and improve the quality of provision.
- To support the Company mission statement: "To provide practical solutions to tough problems and services that deliver real value to clients."
- To provide the operational guidelines for a high standard of service to all our clients.
- To ensure a comprehensive, sound and integrated approach to Company activity that is understood by and accessible to all staff.
- To minimise operational risks.
- Targets: All projects will establish clear targets, and a plan for achieving them. Performance will be reviewed at the end of the project and on a regular basis during the project.
- Audit Trails: All projects will maintain an audit trail. This is implemented in a transparent and rigorous way using a version-control system.
- Peer review: All project work is subject to internal review by a suitably qualified peer.
- Continuous Improvement: A culture of continuous improvement will be fostered by the Company. All employees will be encouraged to provide feedback on Company practice. Employees with ideas for improvements will be supported.
- Assessment: An annual self-assessment will be conducted at whole-Company and sector levels, leading to action plans for continuous improvement. To inform this, the Company will obtain and evaluate the views of clients on the quality of the Company's services and respond appropriately.
- Consistency: The Company will ensure consistency of standards through the implementation of appropriate quality assurance systems and procedures.
We use a combination of quality assurance techniques to provide a high quality of service.
- Development is done in clearly defined sprints following best practice processes.
- We have a dedicated testing phase for each release. This includes testing by staff from outside the development team.
- Quality monitoring is built into the software itself, with automatic alerts if there is an issue.