See also the AdTech Jargon Glossary
We mostly deliver standard advert formats, like pre-roll vpaid. However we also have a couple of Good-Loop specific products.
Watch-to-Donate (WTD)Our main video-ads product.
Green Ad Tag
Tabs-for-Good (T4G)A browser plugin for the general public.
Video Player Page (the
player). A destination page that shows a video ad. https://demo.good-loop.com
Impact Hub: a micro-site that shows the impact from an advert(s), and the number of people who saw it. This was previously known as Campaign Page but renamed as it can go beyond single campaigns.
Do-Good Wrapper (the
wrapper). A banner advert, which links through to the brand's landing page -- but with a special Good-Loop wrapper, that adds a donate-to-charity widget to the top of the page. It's a banner ad - but one that does good and leaves viewers feeling good. Sold on a CPC basis.
Splash Video: The looped ~5 second 9x16 video that is seen on a Snapchat advert (or in your feed on Facebook, or...). We make this (adding the charity logo overlay) - but the core of it is a short video provided by the advertiser.
Splash Banner: The same but a static image instead of a short video.
Social Post-Engagement-Page: A reference to 'that thing that you see after swiping up on an Instagram advert'.
- Normally we'll set a page we host ourselves - which just loads a screen-filling adunit - as the campaign's landing page in the Instagram/Facebook/etc ad portal.
- Here's an example of such a page. This will be optimised for portrait viewing and should be opened on mobile, or in mobile-simulation mode on a desktop browser.
- The Good-Loop adunit can currently fill most needs on its own, without needing to be embedded in a custom page.
- The video can be removed by adding param
gl.novideo=trueto the landing page URL.
- If the ordering of elements is wrong, it can be changed using the dynamic layout engine - ask Dan A. or RM for assistance setting this up.
- Everything else - colours, fonts, sizing etc - can be accomplished with CSS.
These are pretty clear when expanded - but we also use the acronyms.
Response-to-Brief (RTB)The proposal we send a client after they send us a brief. Note: elsewhere in adtech RTB means realtime bidding.
Post Campaign Analysis (PCA)The report we send a client after the campaign.
- Good-Loop Advert Taxonomy